Usha is one of the oldest and most reliable brands in India. It was incepted in the year 1934 and it had a very small start. Since then, the brand expanded and today Usha is known to be one of the most popular household names in India. It manufactures home appliances, fans, coolers, farm equipment, and even a sewing machine.
Traditionally, Usha manufactured manual sewing machine but it later collaborated with Janomhich is a Japanese company. Janome is particularly known for manufacturing sewing machine as well. Don’t forget to check our article on which sewing machine is best usha or singer.
Table of Contents
- Best Usha Sewing Machines
- Best Usha Sewing Machines in India
- 1. Usha Janome Dream Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
- 2. Usha Janome Allure Automatic Sewing Machine
- 3. Usha Janome Allure Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
- 4. Usha Bandhan Composite Sewing Machine
- 5. Usha Janome Wonder Stitch Plus Automatic Sewing Machine
- Buy From Amazon
- Sewing Machine Buying Guide
- Types of Sewing Machines
Best Usha Sewing Machines
Best Usha Sewing Machines in India
Here are 5 best Usha Sewing Machines in India. The list contains automatic as well as manual sewing machines for your reference. You will notice that most of the models in the list are automatic because of the higher flexibility that they provide to the use.
The machine also gets 4 step buttonholing and it is such a versatile machine that it lets you use the machine in 14 different applications. This includes lace fixing, smocking, quilting, zip fixing and rolled hemming as well.
There are several other features that include auto tripping bobbin system, automatic needle threading, drop feed for embroidery, and sewing light. The maximum speed of the machine is 550 stitches per minute and you can also the stitch length very easily. In the package, you get bobbins, threader, stitching needle, ripper, and few other accessories
You will also find a four-step buttonhole and auto-tripping bobbin system. The built-in sewing light offers superior illumination while working in dark conditions. What makes it perform great is that it comes with a one-touch reverse stitching function.
Just like other products, this is also a zig-zag stitch machine which also comes with two dial selectors. One of the dials can help you in selecting the stitch type while others help you in selecting the stitch length. In terms of the types of stitches, this machine gives you the flexibility to select between 7 types of stitches.
This helps you in getting the added functionality to use this for button fixing, stretch stitching, rolled hemming, zip fixing, satin stitching, and smocking. You also get an auto tripping bobbin system along with a sewing light and 4 step buttonhole sewing system.
Just like other models, you get 2 years of warranty on the product it provides you with a real value of money because of the features you get. Practically, you can stitch any material with the help of this machine, and to add on to the advantages, the machine has a very unique and advanced technology.
The maximum speed of stitching for this machine is 550 stitches per minute. Overall, it is a good product for you to choose from.
Not just that, you will also find an auto-tripping bobbin winder that helps to create perfect stitch formation. To offer you better convenience, the machine adopts a plastic base. Some of the other features of the machine include a needle bar, thread guide, needle plate, slide-type, and slide plate.
The machine comes with a free arm that enables you to go for circular stitching. Another added feature is the presser foot that lets you make automatic buttonholes.
Even with all the features, the machine comes in a lightweight and compact design. There are many other factors that will let you get your hands on it.
Sewing Machine Buying Guide
Before buying a sewing machine, check through the buying guide so that you can pick the best one in the market. Check through these tips so that you can buy according to your requirements.
- Stitches: you should first check how many stitches the device offers. Generally, straight and zigzag stitches are what domestic users use the most. But if you know and have to use embroidery, get a machine that can offer that. So check how many types of stitches the machine you buy can offer. But look for stitches that you use and require. Don’t invest in machines offering fancy stitches that you don’t use.
Some of the stitches available on stitching machines for domestic use are the following:
New features: with the increasing technological advancements, stitching machines also have new features. Some include:
- Needle Threader
- Needle up/down
- Speed control
- Needle position adjustment
- Automatic thread cutter
- Knee lifter
- Free arm
These are some of the new features that were added. Indulge buying a machine with these after you consider your budget and how much you require them.
Types of Sewing Machines
There are many variants of sewing machines available in the market. But broadly depending on the functionality and features, these are some of the types of sewing machine available:
- Domestic Sewing Machine: Also called the manual sewing machine, this is the basic form of stitching machines with minimum features and stitch patterns. As the name suggests, it has manual settings and is hand-operated. They do not offer many varieties of stitches but are best for straight stitches. Professional tailors use the motorized version of a domestic sewing machine. They are the best sewing machines in India under rupees 5000.
- Electronic Sewing machine: These are the advanced models of the domestic sewing machines. These are light and compactly built. They have some additional features like inbuilt lighting to enhance visibility, multiple stitch patterns, automatic threading facility, inbuilt thread cutter, etc.
- Computerized Sewing Machines: These are for industrial purposes. Since these are computer operated, they have high speed and advanced features. They come with over 200 varieties of stitches. They do not require manual interference. Garments industries use such to maximum outputs. They are expensive to buy.
- Embroidery Sewing Machines: These have nowadays gained popularity since users can make exotic embroidery designs on cloth with this. Operating this machine requires the knowledge of specific skills like embroidery. They are not suitable for regular stitching.
The Final Verdict
These are the best sewing machines available from Usha in India. All the electric sewing machines are co-branded with Janome since these two companies collaborated together to bring the electric sewing machine to you. You can now look at the deals available on your favorite machine and you can order as per your likings and budget.