We are discussing the best manual sewing machine. Sewing Machine is not just a necessity but it is also useful for the people who engage in sewing and stitching as a hobby. These machines are easy to use and traditionally, people had been using hand-operated straight stitch sewing machines. All these things add on to the familiarity with the product and people find it even more engaging. This is also true for a straight stitch sewing machine.
The good part about these machines is that they function without electricity and they just need some mechanical work to sew the clothes. Overall, you do not face any issue, and maintaining these hand-operated machines is also very easy. If you need a manual embroidery sewing machine, you can find that in our article.
Table of Contents
- Best Manual Straight Stitch Sewing Machine
- Best Buy Manual Sewing Machines in India
- 1. Usha Bandhan Sewing Machine
- 2. Usha Anand Sewing Machine
- 3. Singer Tailor Delux Sewing Machine
- 4. LUXMI Cast Iron Sewing Machine Top
- 5. Singer Magna Straight Stitch Composite Sewing Machine
- 6. Singer Tailor Master Sewing Machine Head
- Benefits of Hand Operated Manual Sewing Machine
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Maintaining the Hand Operated Sewing Machine
Best Manual Straight Stitch Sewing Machine
Best Buy Manual Sewing Machines in India
Here is the list of the best available hand-operated sewing machines in India that you can easily purchase from the market.
Benefits of Hand Operated Manual Sewing Machine
This hand-operated sewing machine has a lot of advantages over the electric brother. Let us check out some of these below
Today, there are many brands which manufacture hand-operated sewing machine but the question is about the reliability.
To help you, we did the research part and we found the best hand-operated sewing machines for you available in the market. Let us move ahead and check out what is there in stores for us
Frequently Asked Questions
Even if you buy the best sewing machine for tailoring or if you pick one from the top 10 sewing machines in India, you are bound to face certain problems over time.
1) Why is the machine unable to pick the bobbin thread?
To fix the problem, first, you need to check if the winding spindle is in its correct place (pushed back in the left). After you make sure it is placed correctly, your next step should be checking how the needle is inserted. The correct position for the needle is when the flat side is facing back.
Once you fix the position of the needle, bobbin thread, and the spindle, draw the bobbin thread up. If this problem persists, your machine might be needing repair by a professional.
2) How can I stop my machine from skipping stitches frequently?
The primary reason causing this problem might be a bent needle. If the case is so, you can re-thread your machine at home itself. Just follow the instructions given in the manual that came with your machine. If you have lost your manual, you can visit the brand website and search for related queries.
For example, if you use a sewing machine by Usha, you can simply visit the Usha sewing machine website and type your question.
3) How to fix reverse sewing?
If your machine (mechanical) is sewing in reverse, you can check for the lever meant for the buttonhole which is not supposed to be down.
This problem can also occur in electronic models. How to fix it? Simply restart the machine by switching it off and then turning it on. The feed motor will start functioning as it is supposed to.
4) Is there any specific thread type to be used?
Manual sewing machine buy online aka household machines work with regular threads meant for all-purpose sewing. These threads are completely polyester. You can, however, go for cotton threads while quilting.
Maintaining the Hand Operated Sewing Machine
All the while we had been talking about the maintenance of sewing machine which can increase the life of machine so,in this section, we will share some of the tips that can help you. Here are these tips
- Always ensure that you remove the dust from the machine. It is very important to clean the machine at regular intervals. Dust accelerates the wear and tear of the machine. Make it a point to clean the machine after every 10 to 12 hour of use. You can use compressed air to clean the machine or a simple brush will do the job.
- You must keep the machine away from moisture as it can lead to rusting which will gain wreak havoc on your sewing machine.
- Replace the needles at regular interval of time and this will help you in getting the right tension while you are stitching the clothes.
- Lastly, keep the machine well lubricated. Only use machine oil for the purpose of lubrication. Ensure that you clean the part before lubricating and you must also take care to lubricate all the moving parts in the machine.
The Final Verdict
These are some of the best hand operated sewing machines available in India. The machines are highly durable and even the electric versions have certainly not succeeded in replacing these traditional machines. They can be used at home and they can be used for commercial purpose by tailors and workshops.
These hand operated machines are a perfect buy so what are you waiting for? Go ahead, check out the deals and get it delivered to your home.